I just love quick and healthy meals that can be cooked in one big pot. For this stir-fry meal, the rule applies as well. The Vienna sausages make the meal a bit more interesting and combine really well with the fresh and sweet cherry tomatoes. Serve it with a side-salad and, if you like, some bread. Enjoy! 🙂
(enough for 4 people)
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 2 small zucchinis
- 250 g mushrooms
- 450 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 Vienna sausages
- salt, pepper, pot-herbs, fresh chives
How to Make It
- Wash the eggplant and slice it. Put the slices on a big plate and sprinkle salt on each of them. Let the slices sit there for 15-20 minutes. The salt draws out some of the water and bitter principles in the eggplant. When the time is up, take some paper towels and carefully dab the salt and the water away. Dice the slices.
- Peel and dice the onions.
- Wash the zucchinis and cut them into pieces.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into pieces.
- Heat up 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the diced onions in it.
- Add the zucchinis, the eggplant, and the mushrooms. Fry everything and stir regularly.
- While the vegetables are frying, wash the cherry tomatoes and halve them.
- Cut the Vienna sausages into even slices.
- After frying the vegetables for 5-8 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes and the Vienna sausages. Stir everything and continue to fry.
- Season everything with salt, pepper, pot-herbs, and fresh chives.
- Turn off the heat when everything is cooked.
- Serve with a side-salad and some bread if you want.