This cucumber salad has many happy memories for me because my grandmother used to make it as a side dish when we came over for lunch. I still enjoy it because it has such a fresh taste to it – and because it brings back so many wonderful memories of family lunches at my grandmother’s house. Food really is a great connector! I hope you will enjoy this salad as much as I do. 🙂
(enough for 4 people)
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 tablespoons curd or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- salt, fresh pepper, sugar
- fresh chives (at least 15 g)
How to Make It
- Peel the cucumbers and slice them.
- Put the slices in a bowl and salt them with 2-3 teaspoons of salt. Let them marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream, the curd, and the vinegar, and stir it all thoroughly until you have a proper dressing.
- Add 3 teaspoons of freshly ground pepper and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Stir again.
- Wash and chop up the chives and mix them into the salad.
- Let the cucumber salad marinate for 30 minutes. Taste again before serving and add more salt and pepper if you like.