I have been re-discovering arugula and so it did not take long for me to put it on pizza. 😛 You can spice up this classic version by using pesto alla Genovese instead of the standard tomato pizza sauce. It works nicely with the aromatic ham.
- pizza dough of your choice
- 1 serving of pesto alla Genovese
- 325 g cherry or mini-roma tomatoes
- 80 g arugula
- 80 g smoked ham
- 125 g mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 250° C. If you own a pizza stone, make sure to heat it up in the oven. If you do not own one, no problem – either oil a baking tray or line it with baking parchment.
- Roll out the dough and put it on the baking tray (or the pizza shovel to transport the pizza to the stone later).
- Spread the pesto onto the dough.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Put the pieces on the pizza.
- Wash the arugula, dry it, and spread it on the pizza.
- Cut the ham into smaller pieces and distribute it evenly as well.
- Lastly, cut the mozzarella cheese into chunks and sprinkle them on top.
- Add potherbs and/or oregano, if you want.
- Put the pizza into the oven and bake at 250° C for 10-15 min., depending on your preferences.