I have been challenging myself to branch out a bit more and the result is this fruity summer salad. 🙂 The lentils add a healthy component while the cranberries and apple chunks cater to everyone’s sweet tooth. We have been eating it regularly for a few weeks now and it has been universally approved. I hope you will like it, too!
(enough for 2-3 people)
For the Salad
- 250 g yellow lentils
- 125 g arugula
- 100 g dried and sweetened cranberries
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 1 apple
- 2-3 teaspoons of instant broth powder
For the Dressing
- 40 ml olive oil
- 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 10 ml “crema de balsamico,” i.e. balsamic vinegar cream, a thicker and more aromatic version of the vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 teaspoons pepper
- pot herbs
How to Make It
- Prepare about 500 ml of broth (with instant powder) and boil the lentils for a good 5-7 minutes in it. Make sure that they do not overcook and become mushy.
- In the meantime, wash the arugula. I always cut the leaves to make it easier to eat. 😉 Put the arugula into a big bowl.
- Once the lentils are done, pour out the water and add them to the arugula.
- Coarsely chop up the cashew nuts and add them to the mix.
- Chop up the cranberries and add them to the bowl.
- Wash the apple and core it. Then dice it and add the pieces to the rest of the salad.
- Prepare the dressing in a separate little bowl and pour it over the salad. Mix thoroughly.
- Before serving, sprinkle the garden herbs on top. Enjoy! 🙂