These oven-baked veggies are another one of my favorite dishes. It is easy to prepare in advance and quite versatile. We usually eat it as a full meal in itself, sometimes with a bit of rice or pasta, but it is also a great side dish when you have a group of people over for dinner. In any case, it is a healthy, delicious, and filling meal that works any time of the year. 🙂
(enough for 4 people as a full meal)
- 6-8 potatoes
- 8-10 carrots
- 250 g mushrooms
- 2 (red) bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 4 cloves of garlic (if you are a big garlic fan, by all means, use more)
- 1 red onion
- olive oil, salt, pepper, ground nutmeg, pot herbs
- (if you like: 250 g mozzarella)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized chunks. Then peel the carrots and cut them into bite-sized chunks as well.
- Take a bowl and mix the potato and carrot pieces with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, ground nutmeg, and pot herbs.
- Pour the potato and carrot pieces onto the baking tray and put it into the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and cut the rest of the vegetables (i.e. the mushrooms, the bell peppers, and the zucchini). You want to cut them all into bite-sized chunks of similar size.
- Dice the cloves of garlic and the onion.
- Mix everything in a big bowl with 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper, and pot herbs.
- Take out the baking tray and pour the veggies on top. It all goes back into the oven for another 20-25 minutes. Make sure to stir the contents of the baking tray every 10 minutes or so to make sure it all is baked evenly.
- If you like, you can cut up some mozzarella and sprinkle the pieces on top of the veggies for the last 5-7 minutes of baking.