In summer, we usually end up eating more salads since they are a lighter, easy meal when it is too warm outside to cook. This lentil salad is super-healthy and the pomegranate seeds give it a fresh and fruity flavor. Let me know what you think. 🙂
(enough for 4 people)
For the Salad
- 200 g black lentils
- 125 g arugula
- 250 g feta cheese
- 350 g pomegranate seeds (about 1½ pomegranates)
- 150 g chopped walnuts
For the Dressing
- 50 ml olive oil
- 25 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon “crema de balsamico,” i.e. balsamic vinegar cream, a thicker and more aromatic version of the vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped garden herbs
How to Make It
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the box. Pour out the water and let them cool off, then put them into a big bowl.
- In the meantime, wash the arugula. I always cut the leaves to make it easier to eat. 😉 Put the arugula into a big bowl.
- Dice the feta cheese and add it to the bowl.
- Chop up the walnuts and add them to the rest.
- Peel the pomegranates to collect the seeds. Careful, it can get a bit messy… Add the pomegranate seeds to the salad.
- In a separate little bowl, mix the dressing. Add it to the salad and mix it well.
- Before serving, sprinkle the garden herbs on top. Enjoy! 🙂