I am a big pasta fan and spaghetti carbonara is one of my comfort foods, especially when my husband cooks it. The creamy sauce contains a lot of “delicious points” and makes (almost) everything seem better straight away. We always have it with a nice glass of white wine, too.
(enough for 3 people)
- 2 onions (1 red, 1 white)
- 300 g chanterelles (we used frozen ones)
- 150 g diced bacon
- 600 g cream
- 200 g sour cream
- 275 g spaghetti (we used spaghetti made from wholegrain spelt)
- 3 eggs (1 per person)
How to Make It
- Peel the onions and chop them into pieces.
- Sauté them in a pan with a bit of olive oil.
- Add the chanterelles and fry them as well.
- Add the diced bacon and fry it as well.
- Add salt, pepper, and any other herbs you like. We used fresh parsley.
- Lower the heat and add the cream and the sour cream. Let the sauce simmer, stir occasionally.
- Boil water and cook the spaghetti according to instructions.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl until they are fluffy.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it thoroughly and return it to the pot. Pour the eggs onto the pasta and mix it all. Make sure to be quick about it so that the egg does not solidify in chunks.
- Pour the pasta into the sauce and stir it.
- Serve and enjoy.