I have made this roll repeatedly over the years whenever I have been asked to contribute a dish to a potluck dinner or brunch. It even became a signature dish of sorts for the Christmas party at my last job and I am proud to say that there were never any leftovers. 🙂 You can prepare it in advance and it is usually popular because of the fresh taste.
- 4 eggs
- 400 g spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 150 g cream cheese
- 300 g salmon in slices
- salt, pepper, nutmeg
How to Make It
- Separate the yolk from the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and put the to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 170° C.
- Fill the yokes, the spinach, and the spices into a blender. Blend everything until you have a paste.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the paste.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Spread the spinach-egg-paste onto the tray.
- Bake the paste for 15 minutes in the oven. Let it cool down afterwards.
- Once the spinach sheet has cooled down, spread the cream cheese on top of it. If you like, season it again.
- Place the slices of salmon on top of the cream cheese.
- Carefully roll up the spinach sheet. Make sure the roll is tight.
- Wrap the roll in kitchen paper to soak up any excess moisture. Let the roll rest for at least an hour (better overnight) in the fridge.