If you have a spontaneous pizza craving, then a pizza dough made with sourdough is not for you! But fear not, here comes a quick and easy recipe for pizza dough made with yeast – and if you use whole wheat flour, then the dough is even (a bit) healthy. 😉
Have fun and drop me a line in the comments below or on Instagram and Twitter to tell me how your pizza night went. I would love to hear from you!
Enough for 1 baking tray.
- 125 g whole wheat flour
- 125 g wheat flour (type 450 or similar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 g yeast
- 100-120 ml lukewarm yeast water
How to Make it
- Mix the flour with the salt and sugar. Add the olive oil.
- Mix 80 ml lukewarm yeast water with the yeast.
- Slowly add the yeast to the flour-mix.
- Continue to knead the dough. Only add the rest of the yeast water as needed. The dough should not be too moist.
- Knead the dough for another 5-10 minutes until you have a homogeneous mass.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it, and let it rest in a warm spot for 1 to 1½ hours.
- You can now use the dough to bake your pizza. Check out my recipes for pizza sauce as well as my ideas for pizza toppings for inspiration.