This is a quick and easy pizza dough that does not take long to prepare and requires only a few basic ingredients. Keep in mind, though, that this dough relies on sourdough as raising agent, so unfortunately you cannot spontaneously make pizza with this recipe. (For a spontaneous pizza craving, check my dough recipe based on fresh yeast.) What I often do, however, is that I use leftover sourdough from baking bread in the morning and quickly whip up the batter for pizza dough. Then I let it rest until the late afternoon and we simply have pizza for dinner. It makes me very popular at home. 🙂
Enough for 2 baking trays.
- 500g wheat flour (type 1050)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g active sourdough
- ca. 180 ml lukewarm yeast water
How to Make It
- Mix the flour with the salt and sugar. Add the olive oil and the sourdough.
- Mix it all together and slowly add the lukewarm yeast water.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until you have a homogeneous and smooth mass.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it, and let it rest in a warm spot for at least 3-4 hours. The dough should have almost doubled its size.
- You can now use the dough to bake your pizza. Check out my recipes for pizza sauce as well as my ideas for pizza toppings for inspiration.