I am a big omelet fan because they are quick and easy to make and a great way to use up veggie leftovers from previous cooking exploits. It is often my go-to lunch option right before it’s time to go grocery shopping again since it’s so efficient. 🙂
In my family, when we make omelet, we also add a spoonful of milk to the egg mix (1 spoonful for each egg that you add), add the spices and then whisk it. I find that it makes the omelet texture a bit creamier, but this is definitely a question of personal taste.
- 1 onion
- a handful of mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 250 g spinach
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- salt, pepper
How to Make It
- Peel and chop up the onion.
- Take a pan and fry the onion with a bit of olive oil.
- Clean and chop up the mushrooms and add them to the pan.
- Wash and chop up the bell pepper. Add the pieces to the pan and fry them.
- Wash the spinach and carefully mix it in. Lower the heat.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and the milk and whisk them.
- Pour the egg-mix into the pan.
- Add the spices.
- Carefully stir the contents of the pan until the eggs have solidified.