What do you think? Let me know in the comments below or on Instagram and Twitter!
- 100 g chopped almonds
- 350 g whole wheat flour
- 150 g ground almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g sourdough (make sure to activate it in time)
- ca. 180 ml lukewarm yeast water (if you don’t have any at hand, just use regular water)
How to Make It
- Soak the chopped almonds in water over night.
- Mix the wheat and the ground almonds. Add the honey and the salt and mix it. Add the sourdough and mix it.
- Keep mixing and slowly add the yeast water.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it, and let it rest in a warm spot for at least 3 to 4 hours. The dough should have grown significantly in size.
- Add the chopped almonds and knead them into the dough. Put the dough into a proofing basket (really, any kind of breadbasket works fine in my experience). If you do not own one, no problem at all – just form a loaf with your hands. Cover the loaf with a moist towel and let it rest in a warm spot for another 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200° C. If you have a pizza stone, great – put it on the oven now and heat it up thoroughly. If you do not have a pizza stone, also no problem – you can bake your bread on a normal baking tray. I recommend heating up the tray in the oven as well.
- Take a sharp knife and make three diagonal cuts across the loaf. Sprinkle the loaf with a bit of water and a bit of flour.
- Fill a fire-resistant small bowl with water and put it on the floor of the oven.
- Bake the bread at 200° C for 35-40 minutes.